 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 114 (-20)
  Help me update our website!

All, Most puns and other bad jokes cause unbearable, if temporary, physical pain, but our website has joined the worldwide web! Cobweb, that is. I trust some of you are a bit tired of looking at the same old website that hasn't changed a pixel since (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Tom, sign me up

Tom, Put me down as very and seriously interested. I'll bring cash with me at to the next meeting (whenever that is) to pay for it or I can mail you a check if it looks like you won't make it. Pat (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Somehow, I don't believe this is Texas-like

Hi Pat, I didn't understand that it would be strictly "Texas" related stuff! I just thought we were going to try and do a train layout with a Texas theme! I think you would be welcome to bring anything to show! I have another pirate ship I would (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

I hope I'm not sticking my neck out too far on this one...But.. If anyone in the Texlug group wants a railway express at the next price drop, let me know. I have a place that still has 14 in stock (half off right now) and I'm waiting for the next (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

(...) I'm glad you got one. I went back to Target this morning and they only had 3 left. All of them had been opened. The rest of the clearance stuff had pretty much disappeared. I'm sure this has happened at all the other stores by now. If there's (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Somehow, I don't believe this is Texas-like

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound at all constricting! Please, please Pat, bring your ship! I have a tendency to over-organize and I apologize. You are right that having a theme would likely keep people from bringing their own stuff. In all reality, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Somehow, I don't believe this is Texas-like

Folks: From the messages and threads being posted, it sounds like we're limiting ourselves to strictly Texas-oriented stuff. In other words, non-Texas MOCs are out for this meeting and we'll have to wait another four to six months before we can show (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

Oh, that's right. Anyone else have any particularly "Texas"y MOCs that they are bringing? I guess my cathedral and buildings could be Fredricksburg or New Braunfels (maybe WurstFest). I think it would be fun to try and fit our projects into the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

TJ, Thanks for the heads up on the Railway Express at Target! We went last night and grabbed one of the last ones. It really is an ugly train, but at $65, it's worth it. Now I need more track and flat car bases... What a wonderful addiction! Laura (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

(...) I'll be in Austin briefly the first weekend in March. Probably just in time to see stuff being loaded back into people's cars on Sunday or something, but I'll definitely be watching for the final plan. (...) Speaking of which, would anyone be (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

(...) Leonard, it will be great to have you there! I don't know if we have a true train builder that was able to come last time. You guys amaze me, can't wait to see your work. Do you post on brickshelf? Matt (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

Hi All, I'm interested, but my work schedule can play havoc with whether I get off or not. I'm not sure what I have to offer yet. Are we doing the "Texas" theme idea? I just got one of the railway expresses, so I might have something in the train (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

Right, then. Early March would be better for me, for I have been shanghai'd to a cousin's wedding (my third time as a groomsman) sometime late in February. In fact, February is turning out to be the nightmare month. In addition to this Dallas (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

(...) Great! Then we'll finalize a date later, pending the outcome of the meeting. Thanks for the update. I didn't mean to pester you about it, I was just curious. (...) Well, if you have $65 to spend on train stuff, Target has the Railway Express (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

Welcome Leonard! It would be great to see your engine, and I hope that you will be able to make it. The space that we are hoping to get is in Austin, but it is not yet secure. Any other suggestions are welcome. Laura (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

(...) I have not met any of you yet but I might be able to show up for this meeting. I've just put together an 8-wide diesel that I am very proud of and hope to post some pictures. I don't have much track but will have a few cars to go with my (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

Howdy yourself! The people who make the decision about whether we can use the building for our LEGO group are meeting next Tuesday, January 15th. If we can meet here, the date will likely be set by what else they have planned for the weekends in (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

I'm in. I have two small train sets and will bring them. Also several baseplates to contribute and I can throw up a building or two :) Matt (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date

Howdy all, I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Years. I'm looking forward to the next meeting and I would like to get an idea of when y'all would like to have it. I was thinking about the end of February or the beginning of March. What date (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: My website is up

Does anyone have the Harry Potter Express set and if so what do you think about it? Alan Alan Carmack Pflugerville, TX "To Russia with Lego": (URL) member page: (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.texlug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact