 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 106
Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:31:35 GMT

TJ,

Thanks for the heads up on the Railway Express at
Target!  We went last night and grabbed one of the
last ones.  It really is an ugly train, but at $65,
it's worth it.  Now I need more track and flat car
bases...
What a wonderful addiction!

Laura

--- Thomas Avery <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Laura Hayden writes:
Howdy yourself!

The people who make the decision about whether we • can
use the building for our LEGO group are meeting • next
Tuesday, January 15th.  If we can meet here, the • date
will likely be set by what else they have planned • for
the weekends in "Late February, Early March".  I • will
let you know as soon as I hear, but I am hopeful • that
it will work out.

Great! Then we'll finalize a date later, pending the
outcome of the meeting.
Thanks for the update. I didn't mean to pester you
about it, I was just curious.

As far as my part of the layout, I will have my
cathedral finished by then (silent praying to the • LEGO
gods), and some additional Medieval era houses and
farmland.  I have not been able to purchase any • train
stuff like I had planned, but I am not counting it • out
yet.

Well, if you have $65 to spend on train stuff,
Target has the Railway
Express on sale (if you can find it)- check the
clearance isles. That's 50% off!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your
cathedral.

Thanks, TJ, for kick-starting the discussion.  I am
looking forward to seeing all of you again, and to
having a larger group of people come!

Laura

I'm hoping we can get a lot of people involved.
There's 61 AFOLs that we
know of in Texas:
http://www.texbrick.com/tefol/people.html
and now Leonard makes 62!