 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 111
Re: TEXLUG meeting: Let's set a date
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:42:32 GMT

I hope I'm not sticking my neck out too far on this one...But..
If anyone in the Texlug group wants a railway express at the next price
drop, let me know.  I have a place that still has 14 in stock (half off
right now) and I'm waiting for the next drop.  I'll be glad to pick up a set
for you (first come first serve)!  There's no guarantee..and I'll get yours
only after I get a couple for myself!  Sorry, but that's the deal!  Of
course there's no guarantee any of them will be left by then, but they don't
seem to be moving at all so I have some hope!  I can deliver them to you at
the next meeting or make some other arrangements (like leave them with
another member).
I'm not charging anything extra for this, just my cost for the set including
the taxes!  All these sets are in really good shape..no opened boxes!  Drop
me line if you're interested, but only if you are serious!
Tom

In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, Laura Hayden writes:
TJ,

Thanks for the heads up on the Railway Express at
Target!  We went last night and grabbed one of the
last ones.  It really is an ugly train, but at $65,
it's worth it.  Now I need more track and flat car
bases...

I'm glad you got one. I went back to Target this morning and they only had 3
left. All of them had been opened. The rest of the clearance stuff had
pretty much disappeared. I'm sure this has happened at all the other stores
by now.

If there's one sure thing about Legos, it's that they'll definitely sell
when they're on clearance.

What a wonderful addiction!

Uh, ya. Addiction... right! I can stop anytime I want to, really ;-)

I bought a Railway Express too Wednesday night. I fear that I've stepped
into a very addictive theme now. I fear that I'll be reading .trains on a
regular basis and searching Brickbay for train parts. Nooooo!!!!! I've been
sucked in!

I think we'll have a great time at the meeting.

TJ