 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 112
Re: Somehow, I don't believe this is Texas-like
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 22:46:46 GMT

Hi Pat,
  I didn't understand that it would be strictly "Texas" related stuff!  I
just thought we were going to try and do a train layout with a Texas theme!
I think you would be welcome to bring anything to show!  I have another
pirate ship I would like to bring and it's not Texas at all!  Also, I would
like to see your space ship and anything else that someone is working on!
And count me in on a trading session too!  I just hope I can make it!
regards,
Tom
In lugnet.org.us.texlug, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:
Folks:

   From the messages and threads being posted, it sounds like we're
limiting ourselves to strictly Texas-oriented stuff. In other words,
non-Texas MOCs are out for this meeting and we'll have to wait another four
to six months before we can show these at another meeting.

   Fine, but I sure wish we'd established this earlier (not the theme
itself, but the way it was being implemented). The way it sounded to me was
that the meeting was mainly Texas, organized around something trainlike, but
other MOCs were okay. And frankly, I am at a loss when it comes to any ideas
related to a Texas-themed MOC. I am not much of a Texas history buff, I am
not at all partial to country music, cowboy hats, or boots, and I am not
even fond of jalapenos or salsa! Which probably reveals my Yankee origins,
but there it is.

   Anyway, as I am mainly space-oriented, I have been working on a
minifig-scale spaceship for the past two months and which I believe now is
more or less complete. I had planned to bring this, just to put off to one
side for occasional ganders, but it sounds like I'll be setting myself up to
be the clueless one. It's nice that Laura can fit in her MOC with the fact
that there are many Spanish missions in the area, but the only link I can
come up with for a spaceship is the Houston Space Center!

   So, if this is our approach, just let me know so I can post the thing on
Brickshelf instead, and I'll just content myself with bringing tons of
trainstuff.

   At the very least, I hope we have some sort of trading session.

Pat Hough