 Organizations / United States / RichLUG / 52
    Re: The meeting was fun —John Kornhaus
   (...) 17th will be pretty busy for me; I leave for a 10-day trip to the UK on the 18th. Guess I'll miss this one. Why don't we plan a BrikWars game for our April meeting? That should give everyone ample time to build troops. I'd set a pretty low CP (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug)

        Re: The meeting was fun —Frank Filz
     (...) If you folks want to think of the Pirate Game for May, I don't have too much on my calendar yet for May. I probably won't be able to make the April meeting (but depending on what my exact plans are for Easter weekend, I might be able to drop (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug)

        Possible April Brikwars (was Re: The meeting was fun) —Timothy D. Freshly
   This sounds like a good idea. I would suggest agreeing upon a basic backstory in advance so we can all build what we need along those lines. That might help limit the problem of "overbuilding" that you allude to. Tim "John Kornhaus" (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug)

        Re: Possible April Brikwars (was Re: The meeting was fun) —Rich Schoonover
   I think we should keep it simple. Probably like king of the hill or something for the game. We should probably decide on what theme we want. Do we want modern weapons or medieval weapons. It doesn't really matter to me. I don't have much as it is. I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug)

        Re: Possible April Brikwars (was Re: The meeting was fun) —John Kornhaus
   (...) Medieval BrikWars would be a nice change and should solve the too-powerful vehicle problem. I've never had a chance to try out the close combat rules, most of my troops are toast before they can come into range for hand-to-hand fighting. john (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug)

        Re: Possible April Brikwars (was Re: The meeting was fun) —Timothy D. Freshly
    "John Kornhaus" <jkornhaus@xperts.com> wrote in message news:020320011121166...rts.com... (...) want. (...) to (...) battle (...) A medieval campaign would present different strategic challenges as well. I was just reading an article in National (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug)

        Re: Possible April Brikwars (was Re: The meeting was fun) —Rich Schoonover
   I like the Castle idea. There could be defenders in the castle and intervening reinforcements outside the castle. There could be many ways to play the game. The middle ages would be a great way to play and it would be a good first game. Did you want (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug)

        Re: Possible April Brikwars (was Re: The meeting was fun) —Timothy D. Freshly
   I could bring my castle again, although it may not be the best for Brikwars (no, I'm not talking about durability either!). I may be wrong, but I was thinking that a more wide open keep might be best, both for access and maneuverability (ours, not (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug)

        Re: Possible April Brikwars (was Re: The meeting was fun) —Rich Schoonover
   I agree on the castle bit. A more open defensive position may be better. I bought some troops today for middle ages type combat. I need to get some guns to upgrade them to musket troops if I want to play civil war or napoleonic campaigns. Who is (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.richlug)

        I'm in (was Re: Possible April Brikwars...) —Timothy D. Freshly