Re: NELUG BrikWars questions...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:48:43 GMT

Shaun Sullivan <sullis3@mit.edu> wrote in message
news:396DC382.50CAF88F@mit.edu...

Double Yikes!

We've typically set up our games so that each player fields abut 300-400 • or so
*points* worth of troops, equipment, etc. - which means one of us could • use 60 or
80 troops, if we were willing to forego weapons, vehicles, and the little • fun
devices of mass destruction.  As it is, with typically 15-20 troops per • player, we
usually only finish about 4 or 5 turns over the course of the day.

Though if you typically moved troops in squads or 5 or 10, and only broke • them up
when they were in combat situations, using more might be veeerrrryyy • interesting!

-s

Good Idea, you're right, could be very interesting indeed. I wonder how long
it would take to finish a Mass Wargame of 200+ troops. I like the idea of a
semi-realistic napoleanic Wargame. Bring the cannons, bring the cavalry,
bring the massed troops, but leave the unrealistic stuff at home. But that's
just me. We'll see how it actually turns out.

- Joe
US Marines- The World is My Playground