Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 04:18:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how come you NELUG types don't always cross-post these
discussions about BrikWars games and rules to lugnet.gaming.brikwars?

Heh, 3 reasons.

1. As Mike pointed out, we're insane. You really don't want to hear what goes
on. If you're looking for UBER bordom, I should post the publically verifiable
random number generation algorithms we were coming up with.

2. Much of the conversation is also about house rules and specific guidelines
for our games in particular. Figuring out what's a good way to deal with CP
limits for an upcoming game, what things should be allowed/disallowed for a
certain genre, etc. So unless you're planning on playing in *our* game, you
probably wouldn't be interested. And, heck, even if you WERE, you might not be
interested.

3. We go off on these endless Mike-bashing binges-- things that really just
aren't fit for public display. Particularly Shaun. Anyway, if word ever got back
to Mike, he'd see to it that we'd never be capable of playing BrikWars again.
PS, Mike, don't read that.

But, if ever we come across anything that's ground-breakingly awesome or if it
really deserves to be in the rulebook, it often finds its way to the Brikwars &
gaming forums.

DaveE