Re: BrikWars part XII: A Game of Thrones II
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 13:07:51 GMT

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 07:22:38PM +0000, David Eaton wrote:
      viii) Wormholes are not see-through-to-the-other-side-able, so
            aiming a weapon through a wormhole is as the same as
            aiming at the same object without the wormhole.

I'd suggest that this be changed - A unit shooting through the wormhole
needs to calculate (in it's head) relationships between 4 objects:  The
shooter, the portal entrance, the portal exit, and the target.  Add to
this the fact that it's shooting not in the direction it's looking at,
and I'd say that shot is a lot harder to make.

Also, in some cases, the shot is just not possible.  Bad ascii art
follows:

  ___ <---- portal              * <---- target

        portal exit -------> |

   * <--- shooter

There's just no way the shooter can shoot through the portal, and
actually hit the target - unless it's some sort of heat seeking missile,
I guess.

Comments?

--
Dan Boger