Re: Next Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:13:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:
On a related note, if anyone has any star-wars-esque space hanger "things"
they'd like to see included, pelase feel free to convey them to either Dave or
myself.  AT MIT Mindfest, we did a nice job of packing the hanger with
scaffols, droids, machines, equipment, and the like.  Now our hanger is
larger, and we have fewer vehicles in it, so any contribution would be most
welcome!

Well... while the display is larger, the actual hanger is smaller! Eric's
hangar had about 5,880 square studs of floorspace. And that's not including
the extra 3 48x48's that we put behind it for the *grand* layout, which
would make it 12,792 square studs area. The new hangar bay, by a quick
count, is 5,814 square studs of floorspace.
(http://www.suave.net/~dave/images/atat/echobase/layout1.gif)

However, it's currently slated to only have 2 vehicles in it (3 if you count
that little silly roving golf cart they show in ESB running around). Since
it's only got 3 actual ship-bays, one will be empty, and the middle of the
hangar will be "empty" in that regard as well. It's all got to be filled
with storage crates, fuel cells, robots, rebels, engine parts, power packs,
and whatever other greeblies we can get going. I've got a fair amount at
present, though I'm sure we could always use more!

DaveE