Re: NELUG Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 18:52:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Eric Kingsley wrote:

The proposal is to have a NELUG Brikwars Tournament where we have preset teams
of 2 or 3 people and have a round robin turnament over the course of a few
weekends (probably once a month for 2 or 3 months depending on the number of
teams involved).  We could make the teams randomly but I would prefer to let
people make their own teams.
[SNIP]
This is all just roughly thought out in my head at the moment.  How do people
feel about this.  Is it something you might be interested in?

It probably goes without saying, but I'm very interested :)

There was also much discussion at our last game about future Brikwars games and
events.  I was thrilled to hear several people throw out ideas for games they'd
like to see happen - and in some cases, were willing to take on the task of
bringing them to fruition!  Among the mentioned games:

(1) Another Medieval game, but sans ninjas
(2) A Superheroes game ... The stuff Justice Leagues are made of.  Each person gets
one or two superheroes that have a great deal of love and detail invested, and the
good vs. evil battle begins!  [anxiously awaiting new SP rules]
(3) The upcoming steampunk game ... ooohhhh, ahhhhhh
(4) Wild West - aka Cowboys and [Native Americans] - aka US Cavalry and Baddies
(5) Giant Spaceship Boarding battle - in which the ships interior layout is
designed ahead of time, and each person is responsible for bringing a section (a
large baseplate, perhaps?  with rooms, furniture, equipment, etc, that can be
linked up via technic pegs to the neighboring units?)
(6) WWII (again).  Both side have been building their forces, and the next skirmish
will see Planes, Trains, and Automobiles writ large.

I have tucked away in my little head the person's name associated with the mention
of each of these games.  Rather than submit myself to libel laws, I decided to
withhold their names for the time being to protect the innocent (those who spoke
out without realizing that they would be in the hot-seat for that game :D ).
However, you all know who you are!  So get cracking on whatever legwork is needed,
'cause we'd all love to see some of these come about in the next couple of months!

-s

As you may guess, count me in. I love all these ideas.

I'm thinking very seriously about being the GM for a
"Space_Marines_inside_a_base_or_space_ship", with a twist; similar to number
5 in Shaun's list but I need to really, really start building somthing
before I let some clues out, but I don't have enough grey brick to build this.

Also remember Neil's idea of a "take over the enemy base game" that he's
been working on.

Jorge F.