Re: NELUG Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:56:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Eric Kingsley wrote:

The proposal is to have a NELUG Brikwars Tournament where we have preset teams
of 2 or 3 people and have a round robin turnament over the course of a few
weekends (probably once a month for 2 or 3 months depending on the number of
teams involved).  We could make the teams randomly but I would prefer to let
people make their own teams.
[SNIP]
This is all just roughly thought out in my head at the moment.  How do people
feel about this.  Is it something you might be interested in?

It probably goes without saying, but I'm very interested :)

I'd be interested as well.  Of course, I feel it only fair to warn that as soon
as you put the word "tournament" on it, some people (not me, of course) get a
little competetive, and the "fun" aspect can be greatly diminished.  Just a
thought, mind you.

There was also much discussion at our last game about future Brikwars games and
events.  I was thrilled to hear several people throw out ideas for games they'd
like to see happen - and in some cases, were willing to take on the task of
bringing them to fruition!  Among the mentioned games:

(1) Another Medieval game, but sans ninjas
(2) A Superheroes game ... The stuff Justice Leagues are made of.  Each person • gets
one or two superheroes that have a great deal of love and detail invested, and the
good vs. evil battle begins!  [anxiously awaiting new SP rules]
(3) The upcoming steampunk game ... ooohhhh, ahhhhhh

I have tucked away in my little head the person's name associated with the mention
of each of these games. Rather than submit myself to libel laws, I decided to
withhold their names for the time being to protect the innocent

Ok, numbers 2 and 3 are both mine, I guess.

The Superhero game has been put WAY on hold.  When a new version of the SP
rules is made public, I'll think about doing it again.  Until then, consider it
dead.  If someone else wants to run with the idea, they can feel more than free
to do so.

The Steampunk game... well, I already have something built for it.  Heh heh
heh.  Did we ever decide on a date or anything?

eric