Re: NELUG Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 18:54:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Shaun Sullivan writes:

This is all just roughly thought out in my head at the moment.  How do
people feel about this.  Is it something you might be interested in?

It probably goes without saying, but I'm very interested :)

I'd be interested as well.  Of course, I feel it only fair to warn that as >soon as you put the word "tournament" on it, some people (not me, of course) >get a little competetive, and the "fun" aspect can be greatly diminished.  >Just a thought, mind you.

This of course is a concern.  I don't want to do this at the expense of the
fun.  I know that everyone at the last game had a great time without it
becoming very competitive at all.  I can see one area that could cause more
problems would be in rule "interpretations".  One solution would be to have
an impartial judge.  The only problem with that is I want to play :-).

The other solution would be to have the players of the other game brought in
to settle disputes.  My probable solution for this one would be to first
define some "tournament rules" to try and put people on as much of a level
playing field as possible.  Then use the impartial players as a backup.

Again I probably wouldn't do this for a little while but right now I am
thinking Tek Level 2 game with restrictions like no ninjas, one champion per
team (not per player).  I really liked the Tek 2 game and because I have
taken the head on a possible tournament thats what I would like it to be.
Plus Tek 2 is a bit easier for everyone involved.

Besides I think we don't have a huge issue with competitiveness.  Most of us
are in it for fun.  Heck its not like I am offering any big prize or
anything.  It's all just bragging rights until the next go round.

Anyway I have some time to think it out so *if* this happens I have no
excusses for not thinking out as many possible conflicts as possible.

Eric Kingsley