Re: NELUG Meeting tonight!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:53:54 GMT

"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote in message
news:G5s5F5.9Lq@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Chris Phillips writes:

I also didn't mean to
belittle your contribution to the org when you make the arrangements for • us
there.  Your efforts are definitely appreciated!

Ack!  I don't see "reserving the room at Bison County" as a "contribution • to
the org".  It's just a phone call.  No big deal.

I mostly just meant that if they did get so uptight about the room that it
became utterly impossible/impractical to meet there, it would be a loss. • For
example, if they started *insisting* that we have 30 people, or that we • order a
pre-arranged menu, or wanted a fee of $75 or something.

[ ... snipped ... ]

Input from a non-local lurker ... the fact that you are requesting the use
of their room during the holiday season may be the root cause of their
questions.  Many restaurants like to keep large spaces available for holiday
parties.  Although most parties are organized well in advance, not everyone
is on the ball.  Almost certainly there a few groups out there frantically
looking for a place to hold their party because someone dropped the ball and
forgot to reserve the place they used last year (this happened in my office
two years ago so I know it happens).

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com