Re: NELUG Meeting tonight!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:08:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Chris Phillips writes:
I'll be attending tonight's NELUG meeting at Bison County, in case you're
maintaining any sort of a head count.

Headcount, shmeadcount.

That's what I figured...

Actually, this time Bison County got all kinds of professional on me about
resevering the room, asking if we'd want it catered or just order from the
menu, etc.  It was kind of weird.  I hope they aren't shifting their policy
re: the room towards something which would make it harder for us to reserve
it.

It probably just depends who you talk to.  But if they start getting all
snooty on us, we'll just have to buy our pints elsewhere...

Anyway, I told them 15 people, and so far I think we're on track-ish.  I know
of... (umm, lesse... carry the one...) 10 people who are have said they are
definitely showing up.  Err, make that 11.  Wait, no, 12.  Err, 13.

So if stragglers show up, we should be on-target.  I'm only worried about it
if my estimate is *way* above the actual turnout.

We can always build a few of those life-size minifigs to fill in the gaps.
(Weekend at Bernie's, anyone?)  We'll just tell the wait-staff that our
friend "Timmy" will take care of the tab as we slip out the door.

I'll be bringing a rather silly, holiday-themed MOC with me this evening.  I
even got my NL-spousal unit to help me build it.  There's hope for her yet...

Will she be coming to the meeting to help show it off?

Not tonight.  I'm slowly easing her out of adulthood and back into
AFOL-hood.  Step #1 was to get her to dig out her old LEGO collection from
her parents' house.  Step #2 was to get her to admit that she wouldn't give
it to me because she couldn't stand to part with it.  Step #3 was to get her
to browse the Shop@Home catalog to buy my birthday present, which got her to
decide that she wanted the "Kitty Clock" for herself.  (Side note: I got it
for her as a Christmas present, but I gave it to her last night because our
electricity was/still is out and she didn't have a battery-operated alarm
clock.)  Step #4 was to involve her in building a "cute" MOC to dec the halls.

I think there are usually 12 steps in this sort of program, but I'm not sure
what the rest of them are.  Attending a NELUG meeting is definitely in the
double digits, though.

I, too, will be bringing a MOC.  I built this cool motorised Ferris Wheel.
I'll also be bringing an old train set I acquired to show off.  Maybe if I'm
feeling spunky I'll auction it for beer.

I'm guessing that many a pint of Guiness would trade hands for that train set.