 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 59
Re: New Hope Valley Railroad LEGO Train Exhibit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 16:23:10 GMT

I'm not available June 10, July 1, 3 and 29.

So far everyone (including me) are available for these dates:
June 3
July 8, 15, 22

On the ZNAP-track connection; I'm using technic connector pegs (4274) mostly; I
plug two of them into the ZNAP beam and fit the tie centered on the beam. It's
strong enough that I can pick up the bridge by the track. I wish I had more of
those pegs, and/or the service pack had more pegs per pack (only 4 in 5294).

I have one bridge (the 6' long one) with a rounded top; I put track on top of
that by using those dark gray
'Brick 2 x 4 with Pins' (6249) that I have way too many of. The pins plug into
the ZNAP quarter-circle curves and the ties onto the brick. It looks a little
funny, but it's strong and stable, and the bricks don't get in the way of the
train below. And I love finding a use for lots of previously-useless parts.

Cary

Frank Filz wrote:

Mike Walsh wrote:
If everyone who is interested in building tables can post their availability
for a Saturday afternoon/evening in mid to late June or early July we could
probably nail down a building date well in advance.

For me June 10th and July 1sth are not good dates but I believe the rest  of
them are okay.

My availability:

June 3: available
June 10: planning on attending East Coast LEGOfest
June 17: available
June 24: not available
July 1: not available
July 3: could be available (I know this isn't a Saturday, but some
people might have the day off)
July 8: available
July 15: available
July 22: available