 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 53
Re: New Hope Valley Railroad LEGO Train Exhibit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 20:56:33 GMT

Sounds like a good idea, though one problem I have right now is that I
would have no place to store tables, but would like to own some. If
someone had space to store my tables, one advantage would be that we
would have a set of tables which don't need to have stuff taken off them
before using them at shows. I can definitely contribute track. I think I
have 4 sets of turnouts now, plus two crossings, plus a fair bit of
straight and curved track.

Re: Cary's thought of ZNAP bridges. I'm planning on playing with such,
and I think Mike is also, so sounds good to me.

How do the plans suggest assembling the tables? If they are glued at
all, it would not be possible to finish construction in one go.

Does someone have a circular saw? That would work almost as well as a
table saw for cutting the table tops (and perhaps easier, it's hard
maneuvering a 4x8 sheet of plywood into a table saw). Cary, how wide a
board can your chop saw cut? When I built tables for an HO layout, I
used a chop saw, but had to cut some pieces twice (I think it did all
the framing in one cut, but I don't quite remember). The chop saw is
definitely very fast (though a circular saw does quick work on cutting
framing also).

Hm, on the MG... We could span the MG with a couple 6' ZNAP bridges...
:-) :-)

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com