 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 52
Re: New Hope Valley Railroad LEGO Train Exhibit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 19:59:40 GMT

Sounds great. If I can arrange to be in town for the June/July date, I'll
gladly participate.

I have plenty of straight track and points that I could bring for a trial
garage setup and a show. My current layout is 3 4'x8' tables that hold as much
track as I can manage. I have already built out my basement with tables that
are not the PNLTC style (I didn't know about lugnet at the time), but I'm happy
to contribute money and sweat to build tables for NCLUG. I can also bring a
chop saw if that's helpful.

I've been building railway bridges lately with znap; if the majority would like
some split level or multilevel portions of the layout (and don't blanch at the
sight of znap), I can certainly help out there. One of my current znap bridges
is around 6' long and can run two levels of trains and one underneath
(currently 9V, 4.5 V, 9V).

I suggest that the first show have a rather small layout, and perhaps expand
from there. The tables you would like for yourself should be more than
sufficient. It'd be worthwhile to do some virtual designing before the physical
get-together, so that all of the track requirements are well known as well as
how much real estate needs to be populated by whichever members can
participate. Maybe a simplified (smaller) version of Christopher Tracey's yard
at
is a place to start.

Cary

Mike Walsh wrote:

A while back when we had hoped to do a show at Dorton Arena or the Raleigh
Civic Center (I can't recall which) we (Frank Filz, James Beerman, and
myself) agreed upon using the PNLTC style wooden tables.<snipped>