Re: Coming to Kalamazoo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:50:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Daniel Jassim wrote:

   Good morning, MichLUG peeps! I’ll be at Fanfare this morning around 10:30 a.m. to make sure everything is still cool. Like I said, I asked last week if we could meet there briefly today and the guy I spoke to said it would be OK. I never did hear back from their main guy, Josh, so hopefully it’s been communicated. If, for some reason, the Fanfare folks change their mind, then (after everyone who is coming has arrived) we’ll head over to the restaurant instead (Plan B). See ya @ 11:00 a.m.

Well, just got back from this. It was way way fun. Dan brought some really great small stuff, as did Jason, and Nik and I had a few items as well. Tim C and Dave K. also came out and we had a great time.

The folks at Fanfare are great. This is a very large and very neat comic/anime/gaming/miniatures/memorabilia store run by a very nice bunch of folks. They were happy to see us, and one of the guys even remembered me from GenCon as he and his child played the Pirate Game with us.

We have a standing invitation to come back and do a display or gaming event.

Bilbo’s Pizza? Well, let’s just say it was an adventure. Something we’ll remember with laughter. Once we’re feeling better that is.

Thanks all for organizing and for coming out!

Just got back here too, had a great time. I’ll have to come out to a MichLUG gig sometime this year, and also maybe stay with Steve as I haven’t been there in a while...

-Tim