  Mountain Layout

Ok, I now have enough BURPS to start construction on the Mountain. But I have few questions. 1. Should I have two tracks running through the mountain or only one? 2. Should it be built for a corner or a straight run of track? 3. If I do indeed build (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) Jason I suggest splitting the parallel track with one going up and through and the other running through a cut in the mountain. This has visual appeal and may use less components Lester (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) (Just offering some friendly suggestions from experience...) (...) It depends a lot on how wide your mountain is. In general though, I'd suggest only 1, especially if your mountain goes around a corner. If you stick to LEGO's standard spacing (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

James, Are you planning on making the mountian out of all burps? I had a similar plan in mind that used lots of green bricks like Jeff's mountians at Train2. Anywho, I suggest you have one track running through the mountian and one on the outside. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) I have two buildings on the water side so I’m hoping for a larger water side this time. Saying that, my thoughts are to have one side facing water with two tracks. One going though and one track on the outside of the mountain. You could also (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) Um, Jason, not James. (...) Well, yes, and no. BURPS for the basic structure. To make up the vast majority of the mass. But lots of other bricks (green, grey, dark grey, brown, black) to give it a more random and natural feel. Trees, shrubs, (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) I destroyed everything I had for the GR show. I have all new stuff now so that means you can put it where ever. Tony (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

Jason, Well, I guess the best thing to do is to figure out a few things: 1) Our size for Novi 2) What additions are we adding to the layout 3) What would be a good place, corner, etc. It would be a good topic to talk about at the meeting, one week (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) Jason, we are still a long way till i get a layout size from GATS.I think the best thing to do is do a straight line through it along with one next to it.Having the monorail go through it would be good to but until i get a layout going i'm not (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) I guess I am left without much choice as to waiting. I really don't think I can start until I have the footprint of the tracks determined. I just was eager to start construction ASAP so I can budget pieces for it. With the new car, and a new (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) My apologies Jason, Kai had his first day of 8th grade, and is bone tired. (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) This is not a bad approach, actually. If you're soliciting suggestions I vote for straight, one track exposed, one hidden, with the exposed track on the GP side. If it also had a bit of elevation that would be cool too! Hey, maybe even a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

Jason, (...) Ugh, that sounds really bad. A day of meetings, ugh. My apologies. (...) Indeed. You might be able just to start a traight one, and see if it goes into a corner perhaps. (...) Oh, I see. Cool. 165 burps? Wow! (...) I think that is a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) That's al right. I wasn't mad, just wanting to clarify. I appreciate your feedback. -Jason (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) Well maybe I can answer a few of those questions. (...) One running through, and another along the outside. Perhaps some elevation, with a bridge over the river kwai. This mountain could be the source of water for a lake/bay in another part of (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

Now that you've got most of the issues out of the way, I'll reply. :) In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Jason Spears wrote: [snip] (...) If you run low on building materials, making a "paper holder" is a good excuse for not having a finished top. ;) (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

(...) I agree that's Steve's bridges weren't the ideal flyer holders. Maybe a billboard/paperholder? Or just a clear area of grass? -Jason (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Mountain Layout

To All, (...) Hmm.... maybe those paper holders, we can attach them to the glass or something? Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)