Re: Mountain Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:00:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:
Jason,

Well, I guess the best thing to do is to figure out a few things:

1) Our size for Novi
2) What additions are we adding to the layout
3) What would be a good place, corner, etc.

It would be a good topic to talk about at the meeting, one week after I move
in, and a week before IndyLUG.

If you want to go ahead and start building some of it, fine, but until we
plan a little, you might want to hold off.

I guess I am left without much choice as to waiting.  I really don't think I
can start until I have the footprint of the tracks determined.  I just was
eager to start construction ASAP so I can budget pieces for it.  With the new
car, and a new vigorous saving plan for the wedding, I will have limited Lego
money and want to be able to plan for any large mountain purchases.

My preference would be a straight one, since corners tend to be a little
overlooked, I think.

I doubt anyone will be able to overlook this mountain.  I have 165 burps to
start building with. The intention, so far, is to have a flat top for catalogs
and flyers, approximately 11"x7".

Scott S.
--

I may end up deciding (depending on feedback over the next couple days) to just
make the mountain as I see fit, and let the layout get designed around it,

-Jason