Re: Mountain Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:07:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Kai Brodersen writes:
James,

Um, Jason, not James.

Are you planning on making the mountian out of all burps?  I had a similar
plan in mind that used lots of green bricks like Jeff's mountians at Train2.

Well, yes, and no.  BURPS for the basic structure.  To make up the vast
majority of the mass.  But lots of other bricks (green, grey, dark grey, brown,
black) to give it a more random and natural feel.  Trees, shrubs, vines, and
various plants scattered around.  (As far as planning, I volunteered to this at
GRGATS.)

Anywho, I suggest you have one track running through the mountian and one on
the outside.  Thus we will have more space to run Steve's 8-wide's.  Further
more, I highly suggest you do it on a corner, as we usually have very little
on a corner (display wise) in the show.

kai

That is a good point.  But I was wondering that if it was closer to the folks
inside the display, then they could point to the flyers and catalogs easier
than if it was far away.  But as far as running Steve's 8-wides, that is
something I am considering (see first post of this topic) and am looking for
details on, so my mountain will accomidate their size.  Also as to your comment
about not much in the corners, I might mention that our corners at GRGATS were
pretty busy, with my factory in one, Chris' airport in another and Tony
Hedglen's Office complex and house in the others.

-Jason Spears