  Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS

Peter & All, (...) I ahve a few also, just in case. (...) Now that would be a display, huh? Almost a Mindstorm project..... I can see the story now....... As the judges go around looking at displays, when they are not looking, a office building at (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS

(...) Cool beans. (...) BOOO...OOOM! BTW, what is with MichLUG and Miami Valley? (...) Don't foget the Plutonium. You can get that from the Libyians... until they come after you in a VW minibus. Rick (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS

(...) They "won" (1) first place at the January show so ever since there has been a bit of ribbing of them (2) by some of us. 1 - as in the GATS people chose them, although it's billed as a "people's choice". 2 - which they presumably are totally (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS

To All, (...) Indeed. It was sickening to see them whip out their modules in 5 minutes and they were all set. They had trailers that the parts just fit in. Pah! ; ) (...) Yes, we heard a few grumblings. Oh well, get used to us! HA HA HA HA HA (Evil (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS

(...) I *STILL* say we should do that... divide up the layout into different "neighborhoods," and each person is responsible for one or more neighborhoods. For the buildings, that it--lay the track down after. All we'd need is plywood with the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS

Peter, (...) Well, it might be nice, but impractical. It just boils down to most people do not have that big of collection. Chris and Steve are making most of the display anyway, and the implications of trying to get that kind of things done before (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS

(...) We *can* do that, you know. Just takes time and money. GMLTC layout is modular and loads onto a custom trailer. Takes a bit more than 5 min to set up but not much more. Just time (a lot of it) and money (a lot of it). That's all we need. (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Future plans Was(Re: U.S.S. Grand Rapids for the GATS)

Peter & All, Boy, I knew I should have waited before replying. I was too tired last night. I apologize for the last message here, it sounded really bad. I would like to see a plywood system that we can assemble before hand so we can transport it (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  (canceled)

  Re: plywood

(...) I think we will be a lot better off this time than in January because we'll have the plan WITH US (sorry Chris) and you guys have spent a lot of time fine-tuning it. On the other hand, our tear-down would be a lot quicker with a modular (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: plywood

(...) Hey it was only an hour late<grin> This time so i don't do that again I am sending a final copy of the layout to Scott, Amy etc. so that everyone has his own copy(That way i can't leave it at home again) (...) Peter that sounds pretty good.I (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: plywood

(...) I agree. Just having baseplates affixed to plywood modular tables doesn't save much time at all. However (and let me be clear that I'm not advocating that we switch to the GMLTC modular system, not by any means at all) that's not what GMLTC (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)