Re: Dome idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:43:48 GMT

Lindsay & All,

  Dr. Strangelove was the actual inspiration for all of that
  silliness--granted, it's not a bomb per se, but I just *had*
  to put him on there.  ;)

Hmm.. I don't know if I remember that one or not.

  (The following portion is why I've XP'd to .general)

  As for the 4x4x3 (I think) cone, I got it in a load of parts
  from a fellow in Germany.  They're awful scratched up and
  slightly discolored, but they *do* say "LEGO" on the stud at
  the top.  However, I had never seen them before, either--so
  I can't quite figure out *what* set they came from.  I can
  at any rate say that this is the very first really good use
  I've had for one.  :)

Indeed. Nice part!

"Please get off the nuclear missile!"

  I never saw that movie--is there a guy on a missile with a
  ten-gallon hat?

Just about, when they were drilling on the asteroid, the genious guy was
going nuts, and was riding the missile just like you rpicture (without the
hat) that was making horse noices if I remember correctly. Then when the
major of the Air Force, that was part of the shuttle crew, saw it, he said,
"Please get off the nuclear missile." or something like that! : )

Scott S.