Re: Dome idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 18:06:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:

3) Missile Silo cover

*That* would be too funny!  A green baseplate, with a fence around it, and a
gray dirt driveway up to a small hut off to one side...

And a big gray circle in the middle.

   I thought that missile silo covers are actually sort of
   hexagonal, on a square patch of concrete, and they "slide"
   horizontally off the top of the silo.

   That may, of course, only be for certain weapons or
   certain generations of weapons, but that was always my
   understanding of how a silo worked.  I don't have time
   at the moment to look for any reference material, but
   maybe someone knows of a resource out there?

   However, good luck getting enough room to put the fence
   at a "realistic" distance from the silo!  :)  You'll also
   need little soldiers, and a few conspiracy mavens to sit in
   pickup trucks with little cameras waiting for the Secret
   Government UFO Tests/spyplanes/etc to come out.

   best

   LFB