Re: Contraption - 2 Weeks! - ROLL CALL/UPDATE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 02:14:34 GMT

Trevor & All,

Hey guys, since it is virtually DEAD :^D in MichLUG posting-land these last
few days, I thought I would ask and see where we are all at on our
Contraption models.

(We are over 1,000 posts now, wow!)

Well, it is quiet. Tony, you awake?!?!?!

Amy: how is the building coming along?

Rick: any more ideas and residences?

Scott: ...well, I know what you're working on these days, but perhaps an
update for everyone else is in order.

Update from me: Well, let's see here:
Water processing: It is coming along, here are some older pictures, I have
the plumbng done, I am hoping to finish the building tonight. Here are those
pictures. Comments welcome!

http://www.geocities.com/legoguy712/Creations/WWPlant/Pdrm0057.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/legoguy712/Creations/WWPlant/Pdrm0058.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/legoguy712/Creations/WWPlant/Pdrm0059.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/legoguy712/Creations/WWPlant/Pdrm0060.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/legoguy712/Creations/WWPlant/Pdrm0061.jpg

Fuel tanks: I will be building two white ones, similar to the picture I
posted somewhere.....

I will have them side by side, with a platform on top, but they will be used
in GATS. I will try to get a fuel loading thing for both trains and trucks,
probably just the tanks for next week (Lynn will be in Chicago at Osco
training, so I will have some more time!)

Command building: I will try one, I might just bring my small old AP
building, but it needs a redesign, I shall see. Where is it anyway, one of
12 bins, *sigh*

Chris: ...is bringing lotsa monorail track to go with his monorail.

Chris, do you have a 6990 , or do you want me to bring mine. batteries, 9v!

sigh.  It's sooooooooooo hot ...car read 114 deg.F on the external
thermometer yesterday coming home.  Today it hit only 106.  jjjoyyyy...

Yes, and people wonder why I like fall / early spring better. It was a balmy
98F on my rear view mrror thermometer. It cooled down to 94F when I got home!

Another item we need to consider, Rick, how are you coming, via Tony, or what?

Also, you fine folks involved with MichLUG and Contraption, who is coming,
etc. Do we need to pick up models / mail / whatever?

Scott