 Organizations / United States / LUGOLA / 594 (-20)
  Re: Coming out of my shell - Next Meeting?

Good to hear from you Brad, A meeting at your place would be great and a nice opportunity to see you and your family. I have recently acquired another "mother-load" so be prepared. The SCLTC is also showing our layout at the GATS convention in early (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Coming out of my shell - Next Meeting?

(...) Hi Brad! Good to see you again! I'll post here as I know you're encountering the same email problems I've got with @Home right now. At the last meeting, it was tentatively decided that there wouldn't be a January gathering due to the impending (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Coming out of my shell - Next Meeting?

Hi folks, I'm ready to emerge (sort-of) from my baby-imposed isolation. If people are interested, we would be willing to host the next LUGOLA meeting at our house. I would suggest somewhere around Jan 15. I will probably be destroying Bricktopia (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

(...) OOPS! I am SOOOO very sorry. I really hate it when I mess up people's names and don't even attempt to post things like this unless I'm certain I'm correct. Again, I am very sorry. I'll get it right eventually, Clark... :) (...) (23 years ago, 21-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

I would also like to thank Bryce for hosting the meeting. He and his family were very hospitable. My girlfriend & I had a wonderful time. Dave, just for posterity's sake, it was my monorail that was set-up, not Cary's. (...) It was actually the (...) (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

First things first, Mike Rayhawk is alive??? Man the rumors of your death have been greatly exadurated. Secondly I am really sorry I had to miss this meeting, while you guys were all having fun trading and greeting new members I was stuck in Cedar (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

Lugola Heads, I'm glad everyone enjoyed my trading fodder at the last meeting and I'm sure Bryce missed my laugh. Maybe we could have an informal get together before or during the X-Mas break if would like to comb through the fodder again. B. ----- (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

Sun, The high point of the meeting was when you showed me the mecha you want to make in that Hobby Japan magazine and then I got out the issue Dave let me borrow and showed you the one I want to make. It was like two kids showing each other what (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

(...) Whoops! I read: (...) ...and thought it was just a matter of the pictures not turning out well enough to upload. I've taken these two pictures back off of Brickshelf for the time being. (...) I know I asked this before, but it was a long time (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

(...) Since Mike was kind enough to upload these pics, I'll explain a couple of them a bit more...(boy I need to spend more than $40 on a digital camera...) (...) Correct. This is the item that wasn't supposed to be uploaded until the Michons were (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

(...) I just uploaded about a dozen photos from the meet to brickshelf, they might be a little clearer: (URL) don't have much to say by way of captions but here goes. I hope somebody will correct me if I screw up any of the details: ----- (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

(...) Hey there, Sun! I'd definitely be up for it. Heck, if it's a small enough grouping, I'd be willing to host it in my ol' workshop. I'm in the process of cleaning things out right now, so a December small group activity is a definite (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

First off, thanks to Bryce and his family for hosting. It was also nice meeting many of you for the first time and taking in all the eye candy that everyone brought. (...) I know we all decided that the next time we all got together would be at (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  November 3rd, 2001 Followup-another one for the books

LUGOLA Meeting November 3rd, 2001-FOLLOWUP NOTE: I apologize for this update coming two weeks late, but it’s tough to concentrate on typing when you are laid up with every flu strain the teachers in the household can bring home. Fortunately, I’m (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

Yeah, but the 1x8 black tiles are long gone <cough>. I really didn't think I was wiping them out when I bought all but 2 lbs on that trip! (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

(...) It's been a while since I counted, calculated, and compared pricing ($6.99 per 1/4 lb?), but I remember it being similar to S@H (thus, I bought what I bought). And in terms of BrickBay prices, I'd say buying from Legoland is a better deal if (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

(...) Last year I went down there for a few days around Christmas, and spent the better part of one day looking for every single pink brick (plate, really) that they had. The idea was you could build an ornament, and as long as it fit in a certain (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

Henry Lim <hlim@library.ucla.edu> wrote in message news:GMEMtG.4o0@lugnet.com... (...) similar (...) parts (...) Just out of curiosity, how is the per-pound pricing compare to SAH? Or BrickBay? --Jack Gregory (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping (Bulk Bricks)

(...) I was there just a couple weeks ago. Yes, they have bulk bricks. They are at the Maniac Club. They have about a half dozen different varieties on display, but they also have MANY different boxs behind the counter. You just have to know to ask. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Legoland Shopping

You don't need to pay admission IF you get in and out of there fast enough, but I doubt you can do so if you hit the bulk section, as it is about as far from the entrance as you can get (they've moved from in front of the model shop, up to where the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact