Re: Legoland Shopping
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 06:46:54 GMT

You don't need to pay admission IF you get in and out of there fast enough, but
I doubt you can do so if you hit the bulk section, as it is about as far from
the entrance as you can get (they've moved from in front of the model shop, up
to where the Technic Band USED to be (they removed it!!!))

They take your CC info, and if you don't return to the front in time, they
charge your card for a day's ticket.  I think they only give you 30min,
definitely not enough time to Bulk Shop.

The bulk section has no grey and no foliage, at least they didn't as of a little
over a week ago.  No grey or foliage in the building section either, just mostly
orange for Halloween (I took EVERY 1x6 brick, 1x8 brick, 1x10 plate in orange
that I found, but there weren't many).  Now that Halloween is over, they might
switch to browns for Txgiving, but who knows with that place ;-)

I might have to drive down for Xmas if they get pink in again!  I missed out
last year.  And I hope they offer the Xmas present pack again this year, I
didn't get any last year, and really need those ABS yellow macaroni bricks!

Sun Yun wrote:

I'm thinking about driving to Legoland to pick up some bulk bricks.

From what I've heard, it's done by the pound.  I was just wondering how good
the selection is and if the prices are reasonable.  Basically, I wanna know
if it's better than "shop at home" because I'm trying to figure out which
place I should source from.

The main thing I'm looking for is grey brick and lots of it.  Foliage of any
kind would be great too.

If anybody's been down there recently could possibly list a sampling of what
they've got.

Oh, and do you have to pay admission to get to the bulk bricks?  That is
important.

Thanks in advance,

sun

--