Subject:
Olds sets and Catalogs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 11:16:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, John Kyle wrote:
Don't have instructions to all the 1973 stuff I have, but have some sort of
small catalog from then that I can bring if you want to look at it. I wouldn't
mind looking at some of the late 70s stuff you have so I can see if I had any of
them that I don't have instructions, etc. for.
  John

If I might add a suggestion: when trying to identify sets in a bulk collection
there are a bunch of fantastic online ways to do it.  My favorite is Lugnet,com
and you just go search their database of sets by "year".  Of course before the
advent of these websites it was always fun and challenging to hunt through the
catalogs.  I'll bring some of the earliest catalogs in my collection, plus one
that pre-dates any of the others.  This older one is actually an Idea Book from
the "by Samsonite" era (1960's) and on the last page it has a parts ordering
advertisement. Pretty cool.
Brian D