Re: January 2004 IndyLUG meeting reminder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 02:17:30 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian B. Alano wrote:
Unless I'm mistaken, IndyLUG's next meeting is January 11th at 2ish at Steve
Martin's.

On the fun agenda:
I don't know of any plans. Maybe show off what you got for Christmas?!
Any ideas for supper, or should we order pizza again?

On the business agenda:
* nominations and elections for 2004 officers

Items I humbly submit for consideration to be on the agenda:
* I propose allocating club money to purchase a dehumidifier for Steve's barn.
* I propose not divying up the Lego-supplied bricks to individual members, but
keeping them as club property to be used as needed for club events, including the
on-site repair or modification of MOCs. (Yes, I realize it is the secretary's
duty to keep the inventory of club property. I would inventory them by gross
weight. :) )

Steve M.: if the ground isn't frozen, do you want the club to repair the damage
to your yard from last week's show?

Well, finally am a member of Lugnet, so can post at last! Like the others, I'll
probably watch the Colts game too & maybe come by afterwards, but I wouldn't
object if someone brings that TV in again so we can see how the Colts do while
having the meeting. As for what we could bring to the meeting as per another's
suggestion: here's mine - bring in any old Lego sets that you have. I've been
working on an inventory of sets I have, and I've dug up my old Legos that I had
as a kid that are mostly from 1973, such as some of those older 'minifigs'. Keep
them in a separate carton, as most of them aren't quite as nice as the newer
Legos, having been played with a lot. Might be interesting to see what other
older sets we have, as compared to what Legos are like nowadays.. :) Pizza's ok
with me too.
  John