 Organizations / United States / IndyLUG / 514 (-20)
  [Fwd: Re: LDCC and Boosters]

In case you didn't catch this thread, Mark Riley is working on RCX-based DCC boosters and RCX-based DCC decoders. (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  members page

i have the members page done and would like eveyone to check and make sure i have all info correct. if there is a site or other links missing from your inf, e-mail me and i will have it put up asap. (URL) of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  the list

if anyone has a copy of the "list" could you please e-mail it to me so i can begin on the members section of the site. for those who haven't checked lately, it is going up slowly but surely. criticism welcome! the home page will not look so drab, it (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Layout map with a few notes

I made a smaller version of Steve's Train Layout map that has some notes on it as to what goes where. The brown stuff is where mountains are going to be, and the blue squigley thing is, of course, the river. I made it using the copy of the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Re: IndyLUG PC

(...) Anyone in the group have a spare XP license? Otherwise, it looks like Linux it is! Steve (21 years ago, 21-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: IndyLUG PC

(...) I'd prefer Linux because I already have that license ;-), but I don't really care. (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: IndyLUG PC

(...) Well, Brian got his wish. I now have broadband which we will be able to use to hook up the computer. We'll just need cable to go from the barn to my router. If we can manage to scrape up a license, I'd prefer Windows XP. Steve (21 years ago, 20-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: New IndyLUG.org home page.

(...) Given that it isn't finished, I think it is great. I like the color scheme of the images, but is does seem to need something else. It's kind of hard to judge without more of the site done. I guess I'd like not make too many comments until I (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  New IndyLUG.org home page.

Jeramy has posted a new home page at www.indylug.org so we can get a feel for the look and feel. I don't know if I'm jumping the gun on announcing it, but I had some thoughts which I thought might engender a discussion, so I decided to go ahead and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Get Thee to a Toys R Us!

(...) Geez, now I'm jealous. I found some Bionicle stuff that was over a year old on clearance, but that was about it. I'd love to pick up some of the SW Technic sets for cheap. For use in Bionicle MOCs, of course... (...) My experience has been (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Get Thee to a Toys R Us!

WHOA!!! I went to the Lafayette TRU today and found more clearance than I've ever seen there. There were over 100 of those clearance tags in the LEGO aisle. About the only sets that weren't on clearance were the brand new Harry Potter and Star Wars (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  June meeting Pictures & possible build date

The pictures I took are at: (URL) Is it possible to have a build date (i.e. a saturday afternoon) soon. we have a liitle over four mounths and a lot to get accomplished. mark (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: updated layout list

Updated again. Now featuring thumbnails (ooh!). (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  updated layout list

I got the layout list updated with info from today's IndyLUG meeting: (URL) added a column for the size of the item in question. Let me know if I missed something. I hope to annotate either the Track Designer JPEG or .tdl file and post it for your (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  large layouts and dcc

sounds like just adding other connections along the track will eliminate the loss of signal around a large layout. (URL) had bounced the idea out and about last night and sounds like it has already been tested and approved. this is starting to get (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  parts needed for train conversions

well, i picked up two decoders that i think will do the job, i forgot to pick up two 75-82 Ohm 1/4 watt resistors. anybody have these? i will try radio shack in the morning, but i'm not sure they are open on sundays. well, it's been a busy week for (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: dcc modification of a lego train motor

(...) Yeah, right... you'll need to talk to Kim about that one. Steve (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  June meeting reminder

Next IndyLUG meeting is Sunday, June 8. Come anytime from 2:00P.M. onward. Dinner plans, anyone? Bring what MOCs and ideas you have for the summer collaborative opportunity. Note that this opportunity is not as yet themed. (Tho we might think about (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: dcc modification of a lego train motor

(...) Cool, we can leave an LDDC-enabled RCX on the layout for Steve to play with! (...) An AC power supply (such as comes with the train regulator) would be handy. Also if you have an infrared tower to spare, we can leave that on the layout, too. (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: dcc modification of a lego train motor

(...) So do we. > A DDC unit could easily be attached in-line. (...) Thanks for the tip. That's a great idea. (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact