Re: dcc modification of a lego train motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:21:48 GMT

A. Robert Miles wrote:
For the DCC, I think this is where I can bring my electrical training to good
use. After all, my backup was programming ;)

If you're interested in converting, I can offer 1 of the motors [snip] I have a 1.0 RCX sitting here collecting dust, as I've yet to
begin any robotics.

Cool, we can leave an LDDC-enabled RCX on the layout for Steve to play with!

I do not know how to program the RCX, so if there's a pre-requirement needed for
it before next meeting, please let me know and I'll get it ready.
An AC power supply (such as comes with the train regulator) would be handy. Also
if you have an infrared tower to spare, we can leave that on the layout, too.
I'll bring my laptop & LDDC so we can download LDDC into your RCX.

Also, please
let me know if I need to bring a soldering iron. • Please, please, please. Maybe then I can learn the *right* way to solder.

I've read the post of the dedicated pc as well. Too bad this wasn't posted
before last week. I just threw out an old P90 machine. :( I do have an extra
network card (10/100) and CDROM (no burner) if needed.
Don't need the network card yet--that can wait until Steve M. gets broadband. :)