 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 590
Re: Money - budget for train show stuff - sponsorship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:47:27 GMT

Robin Sather wrote:

A great idea, but I don't think we have room for it.  My guess is that

any space beyond our 16' x 6' is allocated for aisles and walkways,

Very likely. I was thinking it would take up an inch or two depth of our

6' but the feet would stick out further than that. Also, it's one more

thing to make...

You've brought up a good point, however.  I will put some "Lego"

contact info on the flyer.  Lego shop at home numbers, web site

address(es), as well as Lugnet.  Any others you can think of?

How about outher train specific sites like Matt Bates Train Depot (now

at http://www.ngltc.org/train_depot/ or tyhe PNLTC

(http://www.pnltc.org/). We should also list the basic "getting started

in trains" info - buy a 4561 locally, hit S@H for everything else.

Hmm. Does Steve B's train part handout list Lego service pack numbers?

Because those have changed: instead of individual service packs for each

thing they now have one mega-pack (see

http://www.peeron.com/pics/upload/train.jpg).

I wasn't clear enough: I meant $30 to pay for the expenses before we

share out the rest between us - it would be on top of my personal share.

Ah, that makes sense now.  I think it's a great idea.  I'll plan to

include it on the flyer as well.  Kevin, could you email me your

"Lion's Gate" graphic?

Emailed separately. What I'd like would be the logo, my text [Lions Gate
Models: Craftsman Kits and Custom Models built from Lego bricks]: my
website address [www.lionsgatemodels.com]: my phone number [988-1958]:
"Proud member of" the GoB logo (also emailed separately) and teh GoB web
address [www.bricksmiths.com].

Girder and Beams closed down in 1999, but Bears is still there. They

might well be interested in sponsoring - when I asked them for a prize

for our school Lego show they happily donated a Ninja set.

If I get over there in teh next whhile, I'll ask, but I am up to here
with stuff to do. If anyone else asks, post here so we don't suplicate!

Kevin