 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 573
Re: Money - budget for train show stuff - sponsorship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 00:26:25 GMT

Robin Sather wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by this.  What is the difference between a
"Sign" and a "Display panel", or are you basically referring to having
two "signs", one in front, one in back?

I made a suggestion a while back that we have a freestanding display
panel behind us (eg a 4x8 sheet of pegboard on a simple frame of 1x2's
with plywood triangle "feet" to make it stand up). This would give us
somehere to display signs, Lego train set boxes, notices saying where to
get Lego trains (since that will be the #1 question asked) etc.

I have a suggestion. Lions Gate Models (me :-)  ) could sponsor the
layout. If I kicked in $30 and got in return a couple of "sponsored by "
notices on the display and a mention on the flier, with my website
address, how would people feel about that?

I would have no problem with this.  However, even by your rough
figures, it's obvious that each of is going to have to contribute
about $30, or more.  Perhaps if you were a sponsor, you would kick in
a little more than the rest of us.

I wasn't clear enough: I meant $30 to pay for the expenses before we
share out the rest between us - it would be on top of my personal share.

What we really need here is a sponsoring store.  Does "Girders 'n
Beams" in the Lonsdale Quay still carry some train stuff (sets, track,
etc.).  They used to, and were expensive, but they were really only
the only local retail source for track, etc.  The only other one I can
think of would be "Bears" in West Vancouver.  I believe these two are
owned by the same people.  Has anyone gone in and tried to wangle a
deal on a little sponsorship dough?

Girder and Beams closed down in 1999, but Bears is still there. They
might well be interested in sponsoring - when I asked them for a prize
for our school Lego show they happily donated a Ninja set.

Personal Lego Web page:
City Park: Limited edition kit
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-park.htm
Craftsman Kits & Custom Lego models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com