 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 593
Re: Money - budget for train show stuff - sponsorship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 02:19:12 GMT

How about outher train specific sites like Matt Bates Train Depot (now
at http://www.ngltc.org/train_depot/ or tyhe PNLTC
(http://www.pnltc.org/). We should also list the basic "getting started
in trains" info - buy a 4561 locally, hit S@H for everything else.

I don't think we should innundate people with too much at once.
Lugnet is a portal to all the various fan oriented sites, and shop at
home can answer the rest of the questions, so my opinion is to just
include those two.  Of course, we'd put the VLC site on as well.

Hmm. Does Steve B's train part handout list Lego service pack numbers?
Because those have changed: instead of individual service packs for each
thing they now have one mega-pack (see
http://www.peeron.com/pics/upload/train.jpg).

Steve's page doesn't list any numbers or ordering info.  I don't think
it should be on the page anyway.  Again, this info is available from
shop at home to anyone that calls and requests a catalog or asks
questions.  Anyone that wants to get this involved will want a lot
more info that this.  I would think that the people that will want to
see this page simply want to know what kind of train system Lego
actually has, the components, scale, motor, etc.  They don't really
care about part numbers and ordering any.

It would probably be wise to have some catalogs at the show for people
to thumb through, but I don't think we need provide much more.

Emailed separately. What I'd like would be the logo, my text [Lions Gate
Models: Craftsman Kits and Custom Models built from Lego bricks]: my
website address [www.lionsgatemodels.com]: my phone number [988-1958]:
"Proud member of" the GoB logo (also emailed separately) and teh GoB web
address [www.bricksmiths.com].

Got the files.  Keep in mind that unless we put other contact
information on the flyer, you will be getting phone calls about the
club.  Are you OK with this?  Perhaps this is not a bad way to go
anyway.  Having your phone number on the flyer solves a couple of
problems.  What do you say, Kevin?

Robin