 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 572
Re: Money - budget for train show stuff - sponsorship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:42:17 GMT

Dean and I will aquire the fabric as we have wanted to do so for a while.
We've no problem paying for this and retaining the fabric as ours but using
it for the club as well.  This should bring the communal cost down a tad.
Unless the club wants its own fabric -- speak now.  :-)

So who all is chipping in to this endeavour?  Should I e-mail the list of
people who originally said they'd help with events and find out who wants to
chip in?  Alternatively, a sponsorship is a good idea, but $30 may not cover
the percentage allotted to each individual willing to help out with this
event financially.  More sponsors would be needed.

Further ideas, comments, flames...

Xandria

Robin Sather <robinsather@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I think we ought to work out how much this is going to cost us...

Sign $20 - $200
Fabric for table tops and skirts $20 - $40
Photocopying fliers etc $10 - $20
Display panel for behind layout (??) $20-$25

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  What is the difference between a
"Sign" and a "Display panel", or are you basically referring to having
two "signs", one in front, one in back?

I have a suggestion. Lions Gate Models (me :-)  ) could sponsor the
layout. If I kicked in $30 and got in return a couple of "sponsored by "
notices on the display and a mention on the flier, with my website
address, how would people feel about that?

I would have no problem with this.  However, even by your rough
figures, it's obvious that each of is going to have to contribute
about $30, or more.  Perhaps if you were a sponsor, you would kick in
a little more than the rest of us.

What we really need here is a sponsoring store.  Does "Girders 'n
Beams" in the Lonsdale Quay still carry some train stuff (sets, track,
etc.).  They used to, and were expensive, but they were really only
the only local retail source for track, etc.  The only other one I can
think of would be "Bears" in West Vancouver.  I believe these two are
owned by the same people.  Has anyone gone in and tried to wangle a
deal on a little sponsorship dough?

Robin