 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 584
Re: Money - budget for train show stuff - sponsorship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:59:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:
I made a suggestion a while back that we have a freestanding display
panel behind us (eg a 4x8 sheet of pegboard on a simple frame of 1x2's
with plywood triangle "feet" to make it stand up). This would give us
somehere to display signs, Lego train set boxes, notices saying where to
get Lego trains (since that will be the #1 question asked) etc.

A great idea, but I don't think we have room for it.  My guess is that
any space beyond our 16' x 6' is allocated for aisles and walkways,
etc.  Perhaps instead, we should allocate a corner of the layout for a
small selection of lego train boxes and/or parts?  On second thought,
that would be a little ugly.

Hand out Steve Barile's handout which shows the train specific lego parts.
Only run a few off, put one in plastic and pin it to the skirting, then hand
the rest out to the "serious" people who pass your initial screen

++Lar