 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 53
Re: Castle discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 18:36:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Xandria Husby writes:

WOW.  May 5 can't come soon enough!  We'll have to bring in extra photography
lights so the pictures taken will be better!  We have a huge table space (the
two centre tables used for Dean's trains at the last 2 meets) for the castle
stuff. This will be so much fun.  I hope more new people join us soon!

May 5th?!  That's too far away!  :)

Anyways, seems like my li'l picture didn't come out very well so I've created
a *simple* drawing showing the layout of my castle.  You can find it at:

http://www.geocities.com/collegepark/campus/8318/lego/map.jpg

Bryan

I don't know what will compliment it... After seeing all of the recent
postings of new castle pictures, I really want to take it down and build
something new (and I've also acquired additional pieces over time).  Hehe, • you
REALLY wanna see it, eh?  :)  Don't worry, you'll see it soon!

My castle has the following:
-keep for the royal family
-mess hall for soldiers to fool around in
-area for blacksmith
-place for Majisto to work his magic
-*very* plain stable

Basically, most of these "rooms" are lined up along the castle walls.  They
are "closed off" on the top by the large green brick baseplates that come • from
6097, 6093, etc.  So when you walk through the drawbridge, you're • technically
on the 2nd level, and you can't access any of the rooms until you "go
downstairs."

Looks something like the following (hope it comes out okay):
____________
|  ________  |
| |        |_|
|x|       |  |
|x|       | _|
| |________| |
|____________|

with the left side being the front:
-two large towers on the right top & bottom corner
-two smaller towers on the left top & bottom corner
-keep is on mid-right
-x is where you enter so you'd hafta walk around the green baseplates (with
the rooms underneath) to get downstairs

I hope that helps.  It'll be much clearer once you see it in person. :)

Bryan

--
Xandria
Editrix, Akasa Publishing

xandria@akasa.bc.ca

As a result of my chronic tendonitis, I am unable to utilize a computer
conventionally.  In order to use a computer, including writing this e-mail, I • use
a voice recognition software called: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred • Edition.

Living With RSI:
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/rsi/

Dragon NaturallySpeaking:
http://www.naturallyspeaking.com/