 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 46
Re: Castle discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 14:30:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:

I wonder what Bryan's castle is like.  Bryan, are you reading?  Since
your castle is obviously the largest and most complete of any castle
creation any of us have, maybe you can post a basic layout of your
castle, or post some ideas as to what we could build that would
compliment it, or maybe even give us an idea of what it DOES have, so
we can perhaps build something different.

I don't know what will compliment it... After seeing all of the recent
postings of new castle pictures, I really want to take it down and build
something new (and I've also acquired additional pieces over time).  Hehe, you
REALLY wanna see it, eh?  :)  Don't worry, you'll see it soon!

My castle has the following:
-keep for the royal family
-mess hall for soldiers to fool around in
-area for blacksmith
-place for Majisto to work his magic
-*very* plain stable

Basically, most of these "rooms" are lined up along the castle walls.  They
are "closed off" on the top by the large green brick baseplates that come from
6097, 6093, etc.  So when you walk through the drawbridge, you're technically
on the 2nd level, and you can't access any of the rooms until you "go
downstairs."

Looks something like the following (hope it comes out okay):
____________
|  ________  |
| |        |_|
|x|       |  |
|x|       | _|

with the left side being the front:
-two large towers on the right top & bottom corner
-two smaller towers on the left top & bottom corner
-keep is on mid-right
-x is where you enter so you'd hafta walk around the green baseplates (with
the rooms underneath) to get downstairs

I hope that helps.  It'll be much clearer once you see it in person. :)

Bryan