 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 47
Re: Castle discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 16:40:47 GMT

WOW.  May 5 can't come soon enough!  We'll have to bring in extra photography
lights so the pictures taken will be better!  We have a huge table space (the two
centre tables used for Dean's trains at the last 2 meets) for the castle stuff.
This will be so much fun.  I hope more new people join us soon!

Xandria
PS:  how sturdy should I make the rack???  ;-)

I don't know what will compliment it... After seeing all of the recent
postings of new castle pictures, I really want to take it down and build
something new (and I've also acquired additional pieces over time).  Hehe, you
REALLY wanna see it, eh?  :)  Don't worry, you'll see it soon!

My castle has the following:
-keep for the royal family
-mess hall for soldiers to fool around in
-area for blacksmith
-place for Majisto to work his magic
-*very* plain stable

Basically, most of these "rooms" are lined up along the castle walls.  They
are "closed off" on the top by the large green brick baseplates that come from
6097, 6093, etc.  So when you walk through the drawbridge, you're technically
on the 2nd level, and you can't access any of the rooms until you "go
downstairs."

Looks something like the following (hope it comes out okay):
____________
|  ________  |
| |        |_|
|x|       |  |
|x|       | _|
| |________| |
|____________|

with the left side being the front:
-two large towers on the right top & bottom corner
-two smaller towers on the left top & bottom corner
-keep is on mid-right
-x is where you enter so you'd hafta walk around the green baseplates (with
the rooms underneath) to get downstairs

I hope that helps.  It'll be much clearer once you see it in person. :)

Bryan

--
Xandria
Editrix, Akasa Publishing

xandria@akasa.bc.ca

As a result of my chronic tendonitis, I am unable to utilize a computer
conventionally.  In order to use a computer, including writing this e-mail, I use
a voice recognition software called: Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred Edition.

Living With RSI:
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/rsi/

Dragon NaturallySpeaking:
http://www.naturallyspeaking.com/