 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 521
Re: Cargo Containers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 01:55:09 GMT

In article <G2y6qF.Ir9@lugnet.com>, James Powell
<wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote:

You can make 2x the containers, if you use the doors from one end of each that
you have.

"Real" containers only have one set of doors...

The 4x8 plates with the 2x6 studs on top only are the rare part.  You get 4 in
each 4565 though (so I now have 8 more containers that are good for stacking)

You will plow through 1x4x3 C panels like you wouldn't believe, I have
something like 30 of them in containers (mostly tan), and need more.

To save your 1x4x3 panels try building containers like the ones found
in the 6542 Launch and Load Seaport (Nautica). They only use two 1x4x3
panels, one on each end.

You can make a good looking door using a 3x4 hinged panel as the door, with
the
normal (studs top/bottom) finger hinge connector.  Put the connector on the
bottom of a 4x8 plate, and add 2 1x1 plates to make the locking 'C'
underneeth,
and then you need 2 L plates for the other end.

The containers total out to 4 H, and work well...as noted, though, you need
LOTS of them to do anything spectacular.  I make them in lots of 6 as a
minimum.

I'll have to try that...

As is, I have 10+ containers to contribute to the cause..... I'll make
some more for good measure, though...

C.