 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1190
Re: Weeping Willow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 04:44:04 GMT

Bryan Wong wrote:

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Dean Husby writes:

Great. Here's what will need to get to and from the RCX.
The power cord (Same as a train Power plug)
one wire going out to the Sensor east.
Another sensor  inside the mountain (so we know when the train has cleared the
switch)
A motor wire going east to the switch track
Another one going to the track it's self. (Requires isolation on both ends of
the hogwarts area)
and one more for the 'tree'.

Ok I think I've left enough room for all of the above.  But why do we need a
(motor?) wire running to the track?

If you want the train to stop at the station you must isolate the track and run it
by the MS.

Also, I'm not quite clear as to the sensor you're talking about... Do we
have to place it inside the mountain?

There is one magnet sensor before the switch track. And there is a light sensor
just after the switch track.

Perhaps the dry-run will answer most of these questions.

Yes. I have 7 more sensors to build...

Dean