 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1191
Re: Plexi ... again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 14:21:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.vlc, Robin Sather writes:
I really like the setup that MichLUG used in their layout at GATS this
past weekend.  Here's a good picture:

They've used what looks like probably 1/8" plexi in a 2 x 2 grooved
base.  They've got different lengths of both base and plexi.  If you
look carefully at the side that heads up and to the left, you can see
about a one foot length right at the end.

It's actually plexi sandwiched between lengths of 1x2(approx).  The base and
plexi are permanently attached, as per Larry's explanation.

They also have the white edge cover (don't know the proper name) along
the top edge of the plexi, which makes it stiffer, more visible, and
protects it, and viewers from edge and or points on the ends.

Yep.  This (and the display tables) are what connect the different sections
of guard.

I can't tell from the picture how the 2 x 2 base is attached to the
tables.  Perhaps someone can email one of them (I just don't have the
time) to ask them.

I think enough has been posted on this, at least until Steve R. posts pictures.

Steve is one amazing guy.

I also like their skirting.  It's obviously a lighter fabric (looks
like cotton sheeting to me), and is pleated, to allow some expansion.
It looks great.

It's just vinyl tablecloth, supplied by GATS.  We cut them in half
lengthwise, because we're cheap^H^H^H^H^Hthrifty.  Kristin stapled them to
the guarding -- she's a wiz with table skirts.

Steve B