 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1172
1171  |  1173
Subject:
Plexi ... again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:54:49 GMT

I really like the setup that MichLUG used in their layout at GATS this
past weekend.  Here's a good picture:

They've used what looks like probably 1/8" plexi in a 2 x 2 grooved
base.  They've got different lengths of both base and plexi.  If you
look carefully at the side that heads up and to the left, you can see
about a one foot length right at the end.

They also have the white edge cover (don't know the proper name) along
the top edge of the plexi, which makes it stiffer, more visible, and
protects it, and viewers from edge and or points on the ends.

I can't tell from the picture how the 2 x 2 base is attached to the
tables.  Perhaps someone can email one of them (I just don't have the
time) to ask them.

I also like their skirting.  It's obviously a lighter fabric (looks
like cotton sheeting to me), and is pleated, to allow some expansion.
It looks great.

From the looks of the picture I think the skirting may just be stapled
(at the pleats) directly to the 2 x 2.  Simple solution, and probably
works just fine.

I know it's too late for this show, but it would be nice to find out
what plexi product they used, and how it was attached, etc.

Robin