 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9705
Re: Honda Element Commercial Link
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 20:21:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:
You really must learn how to change lanes.  Even I know (growing up in a
villiage of 600) that to change lanes you don't wait for the other person to
LET you in, you agressivley move into take whatever position you want.  You
can't just flip on your directional and expect a gap to magically appear.

I don't think that works when we're all stopped and the distance between me and
the vehicle in front of me was less than 6 feet.  She pulled up into the right
side lane against a vehicle that was parallel to the one in front of me.  In the
situation this morning, I HAD to wait for her to let me in--there's no space for
me to gain speed to accelerate in front of her.  If she didn't see me, I'm still
at fault, because I'm intruding on her lane.

The point is, if she was paying attention she'd either signal me in, or slow
down.  Alas, this is impossible to do with a cell phone and a coffee in your
hands.

Number 2 driving piss-offs that will lead me into wreaking havoc on YOUR
driving experience:

a) Not staying to the right while driving down multi-lane roadways

Not a problem if you're at or above the speed of other people in that lane.

b) NOT USING YOUR TURN SIGNALS TO SIGNAL LANE CHANGES.

Overrated.

Calum