 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9567
Re: train6 Layout request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:52:34 GMT

Hey guys (Derek, JeffVW, Jeremy, DaveK):

I'm contemplating a change to my train station module for train6:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/train6-stationrequest.gif

I'm thinking of changing the alignment of the tracks to be more traditional.
The change would require two modules, but it would also change train6 planning
too, because tracks would need to feed into the station to accommodate it.  It
would also make for a inner city mini track yard behind it if we went this way.

Would anyone object to such a creation?

Anyways, we can think about it at the train6 planning meeting.

The major two reasons why I'd like to this is:

a) I want to have a scene like this:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/europe03-day08-8.jpg

b) The station looks weird right now.  80% of Europe train stations seem to have
tracks running orthogonal to the front of the station.  Either they terminate
(Paris-Gare Du Nord/Est, London Waterloo/King's Cross) or they run underneath
(Hamburg).  But they never seem to run parallel, except Toronto-Union.

Calum

I received a phone call from Frank--the guy form NMRA.

He was asking if we wanted to participate in the Christmas layout show on nov 22
weekend.

I didn't commit 'cause first I forgot when the hobby show was, and also dodn't
know how many peeps want to commit to something that soon.

Anyway, let me know.

Dave K