 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9617
9616  |  9618
Subject:
Hobby Show Approaches (was:Re: train6 Layout request)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:55:23 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford wrote:
Allan Bedford wrote:

So you can all thank Chris that I'm a pain in the butt.  ;)

Remember, I was a nice guy, until I took good advice from Chris.  :)

So for better or for worse I am now the 'organizer' of the Hobby Show booth, not
exactly what I would call a leader.  I hope to organize interested folks into
joining together to put on the LEGO booth... that is my goal.

Not to sound like a pain in the butt... but, I do need to hear from the last of
you (you know who you are) that haven't confirmed your participation in the
show.  If you can email me as soon as possible, I would really appreciate it.

By the way, we recently picked up another two builders.  The booth is really
shaping up to have a wide variety of building styles and models.

Three notes:

1)  If we're yacking about the Hobby Show so much, let's make sure we get the
link to the info page in here from time to time:

http://www.apotome.com/hobbyshow/index.html

Another shameless plug.  So sue me.  :)

2)  I will be unable to post to LUGNET for the next 3 days.  So any Allan
bashing you do will not generate humble responses from me.  Please be gentle.

I can't believe you guys didn't take such an opportunity to have some fun at my
expense. :)

3)  How is the train layout coming along?

In all seriousness, the reason I keep asking about the layout is that it is one
of the two main anchors of the booth.  I know it's a huge amount of work, but I
do hope you know how much I appreciate it.  I was interested to watch you guys
at the Sept dinner working on the layout, but I haven't heard much in the last
few days.  Is it possible to just get some kind of status update?

Thanks guys!!
Allan B.