 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9236
Re: Modular Connect 4 robots?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:05:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Bruce Sheridan wrote:
Oh, I remember, we’re strongly independent and we encourage innovative and
unique solutions to a problem. How many times have you argued that exact point?

Because in this game, Bruce, there are a lot of people who won't be able to do
the software part at all.  Breaking apart the software AND hardware doesn't
discourage any innovative or unique solutions.  You can have a really cool way
of scanning the board AND a really novel pattern search algorithm, if you're
extra bright at both.

Give me an example of a unique solution which could not be broken down into a
mechanism RCX and a logic RCX.

Calum