 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8627
Re: On track for rtlToronto14
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:42:52 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Ka-On Lee wrote:
Who's planning to build for rtlToronto14?  Anyone started already?

Still test building various possible digging arm designs.  2' x 2' is a large
area to cover.  Also tested some codes that let the RCX talk to the Spybot via
IR. Can I assume the interference rule also cover the Spybot?

"No outside control/processing is available. You cannot control your device in
realtime with a remote, PC or other device, and please don't interfere
(reprogram) another robot's RCX. The idea is autonomous operation. However,
understand that multi RCX systems may use IR token passing, so build fault
tolerance into any communications systems you plan to use."

So, unless you're doing something stupid with IR that everyone would think is
dumb (and would get you tossed out due to consensus) ie, something like sending
"power off" codes to RCXes, Spybot communications is fair I think if it doesn't
disrupt RCXes in a stupid fashion.

Does it send/receive IR message numbers like the RCX does?

Calum