 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8309
Re: Lamenting the Long Edit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:49:16 GMT

Only $19, no leaks, has four different spray types including a nice gentle one
for wetting down the Accord for washing and a really strong single jet for
pushing off dirt.

Even as a child, I always apprecieated GARDENA's clean and modern product
design.  I'd buy GARDENA stuff if I had a need, but I don't.  So I'll just buy a
dyson when they come to Canada.

( www.dyson.com <- best product design *ever*)

My only complaint with the Gardena system is that the stupid "Water Stop"
connector leaves pressure in the hose if you detach a fixture.  There's no way
to unpressurize it unless you unscrew the stop off, or unscrew the hose from the
tap.

Then you're not using the GARDENA Profi MaxiFlow System Waterstop Connector
properly.  You can buy connectors with and without the valve.  The idea with the
one with the Waterstop valve is you put it on the end of the hose where the tap
may be inaccessable, in a situation where you expect the hose to remain
pressurised always.  If you don't want it to remain pressurised then you must
buy the GARDENA SB Profi MaxiFlow System Hose Connector for the end of the hose
(without valve).  Turn off the valve first, then disconnect the hose.

Alternativley just turn it off and depress the cross-shaped plunger at the end,
a bit of water will spurt out and then stop.

http://www.gardena.com/INT/application/INT?origin=itemsummary.jsp&event=link(details)&wlcs_catalog_item_sku=02062-20_CAen&wlcs_catalog_category_id=PK40105_CAen

I WANT THAT SO BAD.  It reminds me of the KMG Tango.

http://wipeout.free.fr/step3/29.htm

-The car is washed now.  There are a few little nicks here and there from road
chips...sigh.  I can't wait to see the damage it'll get on the 10 hour drive at
speed to BrickFest.

Then why'd you offer to drive, if you're concerned about it. :)

    Iain