 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8247
Re: Self-promoting silliness
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:00:23 GMT

David Koudys wrote:

I like my little quiet place in the dusty back corners
of the information superhighway

   Yeah, well I just wanted to take this post to thank you guys. I started
playing with Mindstorms less than a year ago. Thanks to you folks, I've been
tortured by marble-collecting 'bots, and half my bricks are still locked up in
various parts of a Project X design. My garage is full of plastic pipe & elbows,
and the kids class I started at my sons school loves Sumo (and, in my
Canada-inspired obsession, I even bought weight elements). I've even built my
own collapsible arena (4 1x4s 8' long, pined together at the corners so they
stand on edge in a square). Today, when I asked my postman about a package for
me, he answered "nope, no LEGO today" before I mentioned what was in it.
   Lest you think I'm mad, *THANK YOU*!! You guys (and the dialog, and the
wonderful projects) are wonderful inspirations. Although I *am* going to hit
someone soon over the Project X idea... maybe just dropping the non-working
subassemblies over a random rtlToronto members head...

--
Brian Davis